To use a CIBC debit card for the first time, you must first activate it. The activation procedure is really simple, and once completed, you will have access to all of the features. When you don’t want to place your card into the payment machine, for example, the Interac Flash service is fantastic.
So, in this post, we’ll go over everything you need to know about activating your CIBC debit card.
How to Quickly Activate Your CIBC Debit Card
To activate your CIBC debit card, simply follow these steps:
- Insert the card into a CIBC ATM. You may find an ATM near you by visiting their website.
- Then, on the screen, choose PIN Options and then ATM PIN.
- You only need to follow the steps and then pull out the card.
That’s all there is to it! In just a few minutes, your new card will be activated and ready to use.
How to Make a CIBC Replacement Card Work
The procedure differs significantly if you have a replacement card.
- When you place it into the ATM, you must choose Other Services/More.
- Look for Change PIN Options and then follow the on-screen directions.
- If you don’t know how to acquire a replacement to begin with, see How to Replace Your CIBC Debit Card.
On the other hand, it is critical that you activate your current debit card at least three months before it expires. If you do not do this before your card expires, CIBC will not replace it.
Use your Debit Card to Take Advantage of CIBC Interac Flash Now
While you’re waiting for and activating your new CIBC Advantage Debit Card, you might also enable the Interac Flash function. This payment method allows you to make minor purchases without having to input a credit card. It is quite safe, and using this contactless service takes only a few seconds.
And, while you may not see it at first, this function will activate automatically once you conduct a PIN transaction at a merchant terminal! Even if you obtain a replacement, Interac Flash will remain active.
If you want to deactivate it, you must go to your local CIBC bank or contact 1 800 465-CIBC (2422).