How to Stop Using Flickr: Flickr is a social networking site where registered users can look for and share pictures for free on their computer. We just got an email from one of our readers saying that they want to get rid of their flickr account. After looking into this topic, we found that many users are closing their accounts because of spam emails or are using other platforms to share photos.
How To Delete Flickr Account
If the only reason you want to delete this account is because it sends you junk emails or newsletters, you can stop receiving their emails by marking them as spam in your email account or hitting the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of each email. If your reason isn’t one of these, I’m giving you step-by-step instructions on how to remove your account from their records for good.
How to Delete Your Flickr Account for Good: Step by Step
How to Delete an Account: Flickr used to be owned by Yahoo, but it is now a separate service with its own way to delete or remember an account. To get to the User Deletion Page, you must be logged in to Flickr. Be aware that the deletion is final, so if you haven’t saved up any photos or movies, you’ll lose them forever.
- On one of your devices, open the Flickr app.
- Use your Yahoo user name and password to sign in to your Flickr account
- If you delete your Flickr account, all of your posted pictures and account settings will be lost, but your Yahoo account will still be there.
- Also, if you have a contract to Flickr Pro, you’ll need to cancel it first to avoid being charged by mistake.
- Click on “You” in the upper left area. This will take you to a site.
- Then, click “Camera Roll”; this will help you open your account.
- Save any pictures that you want to keep. To do this, choose the pictures you want and click “Download” in the menu at the bottom of your screen. When you delete your Flickr account, so will all of your pictures.
- You can also click “Select All” next to the picture’s date of creation to choose more than one photo to download.
- If you don’t want Google to store your Flickr pictures, delete the ones you don’t want to keep.
- Deleting your Flickr account also deletes your pictures, but Google sometimes saves and shows screenshots of erased pages. If you delete your pictures before you close your account, they won’t show up in the screenshot of the saved account.
- When you’re finished, click “settings”
- Scroll down until you see the “Your Flickr Account” option.
- At the bottom of the page, you’ll see a choice that says “Delete your Flickr account.”
- When you click on it, it will ask for your Flickr login.
- Click “next” after entering your Flickr account.
- Then click “Yes, I fully understand”
- The next page will ask you to confirm that you want to delete your account.
- After that, click “Delete my account”
- Your account no longer exists.
- Enter your account information and try to sign in to see if this process worked.
- After you delete your Flickr account, your login information should no longer work.
It’s easy to close your Flickr account. Follow the steps below after you’ve signed in to your account.