How to delete your Twitter account for good? When you don’t take a break from social media, it can sometimes be too much. It is good for your physical and mental health to turn off your social media accounts every once in a while. Even though deactivating your account might help you in some situations, sometimes you have to delete it.
How To Delete Twitter Account
- There are many reasons why you might want to delete a social media account. Maybe the site is no longer useful to you, or the content takes too long to load. In this case, you need to know how to delete your account or run a network speed test to see how fast your network is.
- How to delete a social media account is different for each site. Today, we’ll talk about how to delete a Twitter account for good. Then let’s get going.
What’s the difference between putting your Twitter account on hold and deleting it?
People often think that deleting an account is the same as deactivating it. It’s not like that.
To temporarily stop using an account, you just have to deactivate it. Other people won’t be able to see your information or identity. But your personal information will still be in the database of the site. You can log in to your account and turn it on whenever you want.
On the other hand, deleting an account is a lasting action. Your information and identity will be taken off of the site. You will need to make a new user ID if you want to use the site again.
Deactivating a Twitter account is the first step toward deleting it. When you turn off your Twitter account, you start a 30-day period. If you don’t log into your Twitter account in these 30 days, your account will be deleted for good.
So, if you want to know “how to delete my Twitter account forever,” you should first learn how to disable your account.
Don’t be afraid. You can read more in the story to find out how to close your Twitter account.
How to turn off your PC Twitter account?
Follow the steps below to turn off your Twitter account from your computer:
- Go to Twitter.com and sign in.
- Click on the (…) button.
- Click Settings & Privacy > Your account > Deactivate your account from there.
- Read carefully about how to close your account.
- After you’ve looked over it, click Deactivate.
- Type in the password for your account here. Enter the same thing and then click the Deactivate button to confirm.
On both iPhone and Android, the steps to delete an account are the same.
How to turn off your Twitter account on your Android or iPhone.
Read on to find out how:
- Open the app for Twitter.
- Tap the profile button in the top left part of the app screen.
- Tap “Settings & Privacy” from the drop-down menu.
- Now, go to “Account” and click on “Deactivate your account.”
- Read the information and move down the page to the bottom.
- Tap ‘Deactivate.’
- Type in your password and tap the button that says “deactivate account” to confirm your request.
If you don’t sign in to your account for 30 days, it will be deleted for good. Here are the steps for completely deleting your Twitter account from your Android phone or iPhone. We hope the steps helped you understand how to go from deactivating to deleting a Twitter account.
Things to think about before you turn off and delete your Twitter account
Here are some things to think about before you deactivate and delete your Twitter account.
- If you don’t use your Twitter account for 30 days after deactivating it, Twitter will delete it for good. If you log in during these 30 days, it will be easy to get your account back.
- Even if you delete your account on a search engine, your information will still be there.
- Even if you delete your account, other people will still be able to see tweets that mention it. But there won’t be a link to your page because it won’t be there.
- If you want to download your Twitter data, you need to make a request before you close your account.
- If you just turn off your account, your texts won’t go away.
- If your account keeps getting renewed, it’s likely because you’ve given access to third-party apps. Before you close the account, take away these rights.
- If your Twitter account has been locked or banned for some reason and you want to close it, you need to contact Twitter to get it unlocked. After unlocking the account, you can disable and delete it.
Follow the steps above to delete your Twitter account for good. If you change your mind about deleting your account, you can always bring it back within 30 days.
Before you start this process, make sure you have a good wifi link. If you don’t have a high-speed Internet link, you should make sure you have enough cell data to finish the process without stopping. You can easily do a data reload for your cell phone or a broadband recharge online.
How Deactivate Your Account- Go to Twitter Website
Delete Account Permanently
- Just wait for 30 days after deactivate account your account will be deleted permanently