How to Close a MoneyCard Account at Walmart You can close or turn off your Walmart Money Card account at any time. After you delete your account, you won’t be able to use any extended access services for 7 to 10 work days. To cancel a pre-paid Walmart Money Card, you need to talk to Walmart’s customer service.
To get it done faster, you should take all the money out of your account. During the time you want to cancel the card, don’t use it. When the closing process is finished, the card is no longer usable and can’t be used. This short article will show you how to close a money card account in a few different ways.
You can close your online Walmart Moneycard account.
By following the steps below, you can cancel your Walmart Money Card online through their official website or mobile app.
- Visit https://www.walmartmoneycard.com, which is Walmart’s main website, or open the app on your phone.
- Use your account information to log in and get to the homepage.
- Choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu and then “Close Account” from that menu.
- The next step is to make sure that the rejection is true.
- You will see a message that says, “You have successfully closed your Walmart money card account.”
- If you have more than one account, pick one card at a time.
- Before you close your account, use up any remaining cash. After you close your account, you won’t be able to use the card or check your account balance.
How to Call Customer Service to Stop a Walmart Money Card
Call customer service to turn off your Walmart money card. To ask for the closing process, follow the steps below.
- Call 877-937-4098 to talk to customer service about the Walmart Money Card.
- Tell the person who answers that you want to get rid of your Walmart Money Card. Your date of birth, location, 16-digit account number, and Social Security number may be needed.
- The next step is for a customer service worker to check your ID. Then, if you ask them to, they will close your money card account.
- Then, a person who works in customer service will cancel your Walmart Money Card.
Online, you can cancel your Walmart Money Card.
- Find a MoneyCard Support Center or a Walmart in your area.
- Contact the Support service to ask to have your account closed.
- Share the information that’s needed to close the account.
- The person at the Helpdesk will help you close your MoneyCard account.
If I cancel my money card, what will happen?
The account will be completely closed, and the Money Card will no longer be usable for purchases.
Does closing the money card account change my credit score in any way?
You are mistaken if you think that closing your Walmart Money Card account would hurt your credit score. Your credit records and credit score have nothing to do with the Walmart Money Card or other prepaid cards.
How long should it take to close my account for my Walmart Money Card?
Research shows that the closing process could take anywhere from 7 to 10 busy days. You will get an email letting you know that the operation is done.