Alter your address in your Indian overseas bank account by following these simple steps: A savings account enables you to keep your money in a secure location while earning interest on it each month. Anytime one wishes, he or she can add money to or take money out of this account. It may be accessed by anybody.
IOB Address Change
It is always a good habit for all customers to verify the address specified in your passbook and maintain it up to date in your bank accounts since the address shown on your bank passbook or account statement acts as evidence of address. This will help you prevent any issues and communication gaps. If you currently have a savings account with Indian Overseas Bank Account, you may need to modify your address there at some point in the future in case it has to be updated.
IOB Address Change Form
Download Following Drive Link IOB Address Change Form PDF
Why Would You Change Your Bank Account’s Address? You must update your address to ensure that:
- You don’t miss any crucial correspondence the bank sends to your address.
- Addresses included in bank statements or passbooks are acceptable forms of address proof.
- Only at this address will banks deliver debit cards, PINs, chequebooks, and account statements.
Causes of Address Changes in Indian Overseas Bank Accounts, In any of the following circumstances, you might wish to modify or update your address in your account:
- Your mailing address has been updated.
- Your bank account still shows an old address.
- Your account’s entry for your address is inaccurate or lacking information.
- Your address is completely absent from your bank account.
- You could have moved to a new area.
- Your address is being displayed in lieu of someone else’s.
- Anything else
How to Change the Address on a Savings Account in an Indian Overseas Bank Account can be of interest to you if you want to alter your address for your savings account. You only need to follow a few simple steps to update your address in your account, which is quite simple.
How to Update the Address on an Indian Overseas Bank Savings Account
The procedures below must be followed if you have a savings account with Indian Overseas Bank Account and are interested in learning how to alter your account’s address:
1, Visit your savings account’s home branch at the bank.
You must go to the account’s home branch with your proof of the new address.
2, Complete the Indian Overseas Bank Account Change of Address Form (KYC Details Change Form).
Filling out a Change of Address Form is the initial step in changing your bank account’s address. The “KYC Details Change Form” is another name for this. Most banks have their standard form for changing KYC details.
You may obtain the Change of Address (KYC Information Change) Form from your Local branch or download it from the bank’s website. Fill it out completely. Following that, you must get it signed and turned in to the branch manager or officer in charge. Please be aware that everyone who holds a joint account with you must sign the account change of address form.
With this form, you must also include your previous address in addition to the present one. Remember to provide your phone number in this form.
3, Verify the information on the Change of Address Form by crossing it out.
You must double-check the information you entered on the address change form before submitting it. You must verify that you have correctly filled out the following fields:
- Bank Account Number
- Name of Account Holder/s
- Type of Account
- Old Address
- New Address (As per proof attached)
- Contact Number
This information must be verified in order for your bank to be able to modify or update your address without any issues.
4, Join the Change of Address Form with the Proof of New Address.
A copy of the evidence of the new address must be included to the Change of Address form by each account holder. Only the First Account Holder may provide a new address proof. A self-attestation request could also be sent to the account holders.
The banker checks the documentation you’ve supplied, and if everything checks out, he or she will approve your application. Your banker will handle the request after properly verifying the credentials.
To check that the address change has taken effect after that period, you may ask your banker how long it will take to update your address in your bank account.
5, Verify your account’s address has been updated.
You must verify that the address has changed on your account by calling or going to your branch.
6, Update your bank’s Passbook with your new address.
Once your address has been updated in your bank account, your new address should be printed in your bank’s Passbook.
If you take the aforementioned actions, you will be able to easily modify the address on your bank account.
Crucial Information on Address Changes for Indian Overseas Bank Savings Accounts
- You must go to the bank location where you opened your account to alter your address on your savings account.
- Remember to bring the original paperwork so that the bank can verify them.
- The address on the Change of Address Form must match the address on the provided evidence exactly.
- The Change of Address Form needs to be signed by each account holder.
- Even if it hasn’t changed, don’t forget to provide your contact information, such your mobile number.
- Don’t forget to make sure your account is affected by the address change.
- Print or update your bank passbook with your new address.
- Take a copy of the bank’s acknowledgement of your address change request.