At CIBC, you may set up direct deposits and pre-authorized payments, among other things. This is a simple method to pay bills or receive payments without using cash or a check. However, in order to set them up, you must still furnish your employer or provider with your account details. As a result, you will require a void cheque in this circumstance.
How to Print a Void Cheque in CIBC
You might believe these are unique cheques, but they’re just regular ones with the word VOID printed on them. You may use this to ensure that no one fills your cheque and steals money from your account.
This article explains everything you need to know to print a CIBC void cheque.
Is it possible to print a CIBC void cheque online?
Yes, the answer is yes! If you don’t have any checks, don’t panic; there are two methods to fill them out and print them.
Use the CIBC website to print a void cheque.
You can utilize the CIBC website’s Payroll, Direct Deposit, or Pre-Authorized Payment Form. This also functions as a void cheque, and you may get one by clicking here if you need it.
You can also receive a paper copy at your local CIBC branch, but completing it online is faster and allows you to enter in the information.
After downloading it, fill out the indicated fields with your personal and banking information. Once completed, save it to your computer and print it; subsequently, you must sign the Customer Signature box and deliver it to anybody who requires it to link your account.
Using CIBC Online, print a void cheque.
This approach is faster than the previous one since the information is available immediately. Sign in to your CIBC account and then do the following:
- Go to the My Accounts area and choose the one you want.
- Click on Void cheque/direct deposit details and double-check your information, especially the transit, institution, and account numbers.
- Save and print the document. All of the pertinent information will be provided, but you must include the date and your signature.
How to use the CIBC mobile app to invalidate cheques
Simply follow these steps:
- Access your CIBC mobile app.
- Choose the account to which you want to link.
- From the “Manage My Account” dropdown, select the “Void cheque/direct deposit info” link.
- Examine the Account details form for your account details, such as the transit number, institution number, and account number.
- And there you have it!
How do I request that CIBC invalidate my cheques?
Even though cheques aren’t very prevalent these days, you may receive them from CIBC to use or void. Keep in mind that the cheques may take 3 to 10 business days to arrive.
You must login in to your CIBC account once again, and then:
- Navigate to the Customer Service area.
- Choose Order Cheques.
- Select the account from which you wish the checks to be drawn.
- You are now ready to go!
You may be charged a fee for ordering cheques; the amount will be displayed on the screen after you choose the account. It will be deducted immediately as you complete the transaction.
If necessary, you may also phone 1-800-465-2422 to speak with a representative and purchase some cheques.
That’s all there is to it. It’s convenient to be able to physically get a cheque in order to nullify it. However, we encourage that you obtain this information online using the CIBC forms, since it is easier and more effective to deliver to your providers and employers.